- This event has passed.
Rubber Division ACS, Course: Carbon Blacks Manufacturing, Properties & Applications in Rubber Compounds
March 2 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Course Overview: Centered around carbon black, this course was designed to be advantageous for both technical and non-technical personnel working in the rubber industry. These topics will be covered:
– CB types and the related manufacturing processes
– Present status of the global CB industry, CB classification, grades and standards
– CB morphology, characteristics and their effects on properties of rubber compounds
– Selection of CB for various rubber processes, as extrusion, molding, etc.
– Compounding with CB to rationalize raw materials, minimize costs and optimize final properties of rubber goods
– Environmental effects of CB applications and recovered CB